All in all there are over 170 categories, which of course is too much for the average person to digest, however the number of categories are exaggerated to captivate the interest and possibility of winning in as many travel companies across world as possible.
In our humble opinion here below are the most important picks:
- World's Leading Airline: Etihad Airways
- World's Leading Low-Cost Airline: EasyJet
- World's Leading Airport: Singapore Changi Airport
- World's Leading All Inclusive Company: Sandals Resorts International
- World's Leading Hotel Spa: Mardan Spa, Mardan Palace, Antalya, Turkey
- World's Leading All Suite Hotel: Burj Al Arab, Dubai, UAE
- World's Leading Large Ship Cruise Lines; Norwegian Cruise Line
- World's Leading Beach Destination: Turks & Caicos Islands
- World's Leading Car Hire: Europcar
- World's Leading Rail Service: Eurostar
In the Americas there were very few winners, which demonstrates that luxury travel is in short supply in the US and Latin America.
In Europe we can mainly look forward to Low Cost flights which have become the norm, renting a car and taking the Eurostar!
For a full listing of winners go to: http://www.worldtravelawards.com/winners2012-1