To help you arrive at your destination feeling relaxed and refreshed, regardless of whether you need to be rejuvenate for your holiday or effective at achieving your goals on a business trip, these simple tips will help you to enjoy your journey.
Before your journey
- Consult your doctor before traveling if you have any medical concerns about making a long journey, or if you suffer from a respiratory or cardiovascular condition.
- Plan for the destination – will you need any vaccinations or special medications?
- Get a good night’s rest before the flight.
- Eat lightly and sensibly.
- Allow yourself plenty of time for check-in, or check-in online prior your flight.
- Avoid carrying heavy bags through airport and onto the flight as this can place the body under considerable stress
- Once through the departures try to relax as much as possible.
- Travel lightly - Carry only the essential items that you will need during your flight.
- Drink plenty of water - Rehydrate with water or juices frequently. Drink tea and coffee in moderation.
- Equalize ear pressure - Chewing and swallowing will help equalize your ear pressure during ascent and descent. Babies and young passengers may suffer more acutely with popping ears, therefore consider providing a dummy.
- Make yourself comfortable - Loosen clothing, remove jacket and avoid anything pressing against your body. Get as comfortable as possible when resting and turn frequently.
- Keep moving - Exercise your lower legs and calf muscles. This encourages blood flow. Avoid sleeping for long periods in same position.
- Wear glasses - Cabin air is drier than normal therefore swap your contact lenses for glasses.
- Use skin moisturizer - Apply a good quality moisturizer to ensure your skin doesn't dry out.
- Try some light exercises or read if you can not sleep after arrival.