73 Dead in Hospital Fire

An early morning fire at the Amri Hospital in Kolkata, India has left at least 73 dead and many dozens injured. Starting in the basement the fire quickly spread throughout the facility trapping many patients who died of suffocation. One expert said that many people died unnecessarily because the hospital is encased in a glass facade that trapped gases and carbon monoxide causing many to be asphyxiated. The state government has already brought criminal charges against the hospital authorities.

Source: planetdata.net

Comments